Friday, June 18

Licensed pharmacist?

Sorry it's been so long in posts...even though I doubt many people read this..haha. In my new house I haven't splurged to get the wireless router for my lab top since I primarily use my iPhone for all of my internet needs...or Adam's computer when I visit Lex, so that explains the lack of updates. I'm settling into Louisville well. I still haven't really had any time to really "settle in" since I've been back in forth to Lexington, but I have started working. Last Monday through Friday I trained at a 24 hour store really close to my house. The pharmacist let me perform all the pharmacist duties under his initials since I'm not technically licensed yet with him keeping a watchful eye on me. He said that I did really well...and I actually feel way more comfortable than I thought I would:) Then this Monday through Wednesday I floated throuughout different store and did the same thing. The techs all seem to like me, so I'm feeling confident. I can't wait to actually be licensed. Speaking of being licensed...hopefully I will find out Monday that I am officially a registered pharmacist:) I passed my law test a little under a month ago, and I took the NAPLEX this morning in Lexington. I felt really well when I left it...so I'm thinking that I passed *fingers crossed*. Plus I don't want to be the first one from UK in the past 10 years to not pass it on the first try..ack!
I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow with Mom and Dad. I wasn't originally supposed to go, but since there are so many grad interns that can only work midshifts, I asked if I could take the week off. Since it wasn't a problem I drove from Lexington to Bowling Green this afternoon after my test (with Mellow Mushroom pizza on board). Mom and I went to get a pedicure, and we leave out for Daytona around 5 in the morning. I am going to terribly miss Adam though. We have done really well with seeing each other this past month. When he's close to Louisville working in stores such as Shelbyville, I'll meet him for dinner if I'm not working. Also, if he's working Bardstown he'll come stay the weekend with me. And our weekends off we'll alternate.
My house in Louisville is working out great. I LOVE my roommate and Diesel. We got the DirectTV HD DVR hooked up in my room a couple of weeks ago...LOVE IT! And I love having HBO:) I am going to buy my Wii when I get back from Florida with several games...since I've taken my test..and I have my 10% off coupon at Target. Everything is going so well for me right now. I have been blessed with way too many good things than one person deserves. I have great friends, great family, an amazing boyfriend, and a great new career!! So next step...hopefully having my Kentucky pharmacist license pocket card when I get back from Florida so I can practice on my own.
PS...the pig roast went amazing. We didn't have a huge turnout..probably around 30 people, but we had a great time. And Kim and Josh's wedding the next day was fantastic. I love seeing two of my good friends marry each other. And I still love my Murano..even though I now have to start making payments on it..haha

No comments:

Post a Comment