I am getting so excited about Labor Day weekend. I've worked out my schedule so that I'll have a 3 day weekend even though I have to work Labor Day itself. Thursday night after we get off work, Adam and I are heading to Nashville to meet up with Matt, Lori Beth, Alicia, and Sarah to go to Brooks and Dunn's last concert ever!! Matt lives in a super nice high rise apartment building in downtown Nashville-->he actually lives next door to one of the guys in Lady Antebellum. So we're going to hang out at his pool on Friday. Then on Saturday, Adam and I are driving up to Cleveland for the annual family picnic on his Mom's side. It's going to be sort of weird this year since his Grandma just passed. But I'm sure we will have fun. Saturday is the UK/UL football game, so we'll find a bar to watch that in as a family. We'll probably go to mass on Sunday and then time for the picnic. I love having things going on constantly...and I love being made a part of Adam's family.
Work is still going well. I'm actually working in Bowling Green on the 30th of this month. I didn't have a shift for that day yet, and a shift at the new BG store kept being posted bc noone would pick it up. So I decided to pick it up so I could hang out with my parents for a couple of nights...and I get paid mileage to drive there:) My Mom is so excited that I'm going to work at home. It's going to be funny. Things are starting to get on my nerves in pharmacy though that are just a part of life. Like all of the Passport (Medicaid for Louisville) people bring in prescriptions for multivitamins, benadryl, tylenol, etc, etc that normal people have to pay for over the counter. And of course they get it for free. One doctor even called in Maalox b/c somebody wanted to try it instead of paying the $2. For real? Then there's the whole monitoring of controlled substances, druggies coming in for Sudafed..yada yada yada. But overall I love pharmacy and looking out for my patients. I've been immersed in pharmacy for so long now, that's it's crazy how many people know so little about medicine.
I have to get through these 3 days. I close tonight and work the weekend. But I am off Monday, so I get to drive to Lexington Sunday after work and hang out with Adam. He just left this morning, so it's nice to see him more often finally:)
No comments:
Post a Comment