I'm obviously terrible at updating my blog. I thought life was busy during pharmacy school, but I had not idea how busy real life was going to be balancing work, long distance relationship, friendship, and family. My life is crazy. So I missed posting anywhere around Thanksgiving-so I thought I'd post now. I complain alot about things beyond my control, but I have truly been blessed and I don't know why. But God is so great to me and I am thankful for my life. I have a wonderful family that has always stood behind me no matter where life has led me. I had a great education. I'm not sure how I was able to be accepted to such a prestigiously nationally ranked pharmacy school-but I am very fortunate for my education and to the career that it led me. Walgreens has been so great to me. I may complain about all the things that they make me do as a corporation, but I am very fortunate to have a career in pharmacy and the ability to help people make decisions about their health. I also have such a great boyfriend. We are alike but yet so different in so many ways. Our relationship is not perfect, but it's perfect for us. We have 3 years behind us and we're still going strong. So here's to many more...and maybe a ring down the road..haha. My friends keep me grounded and happy. I have such great friends from pharmacy school that I still talk to on a regular basis and get to have lunch dates, NFL dates, UK parties. And I have great "newer" friends in Louisville. I am so blessed beyond belief.
A more recent update. My granny has been in the hospital for over a week. She was diagnosed with bronchitis as an outpatient in Smiths Grove. Then it turned into pneumonia and she was taken to the ER last Thursday early morning. She had fluid around her lungs which doesn't allow her lungs to expand and get enough oxygen. I saw her on Sunday night and she is looking tons better. She was taken to surgery on Sunday morning to clear the infection from her lungs and chest tubes were placed to drain the fluid. She is still in the hospital to complete her antibiotic therapy, but the chest tubes are out. She is off of the oxygen for the most part, walking around the hospital, and is great spirits. This is the first time that she has been in the hospital for 62 years...which is fantastic for an 88 year old. I love my Granny and can't wait for her to be home:)
On a lighter note...I am such a sucker for sales. I have been shopping online and highly recommend googling coupon codes. I got over $10 off at Bath and Body Works online. And I also saved 20% off of my contacts at Walgreens.com...plus my employee discount. So I ended up getting my contacts for half what I pay at the optometrist. I have also been using Groupon. I got half off at a great sushi/Japanese restaurant in Louisville for a date for me and Adam. I also got half off of a UK apparel store and half off at Titanslockerroom.com. So happy shopping!!
Merry Christmas to everyone and have a great new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment