Wednesday, December 29
I'm a staff pharmacist!!
I love how life works out just as it should. So probably since around October through December I was having a "blah time". Nothing terribly bad was happening, but nothing exciting either. May was exciting with graduation. June I went to Florida and started my new job. August I started in my home stores...but by October I had gotten used to everything. Being "long distance" had started to take its toll. So in December I was really blah. I wasn't really looking that forward to Christmas. I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at the end of a six in a row stretch of work. But all of a sudden Christmas week I had finally gotten back in the Christmas spirit. I realized how much all of my techs liked me at my Poplar Level store. Things with Adam and I have been going exceptionally well since November. He is now a full time staff pharmacist in Shelbyville so I get to see him a whole lot more...and once he realized how much our one hour distance affected me he made more of an effort to be with me more. I had a wonderful Christmas Eve after work with my family in Smiths Grove. The white Christmas here in Bowling Green was spectacular. And I had a great Christmas morning with my immediate family. My Granny got out of the hospital the Saturday before Christmas after a 9 day stay in teh hospital with pneumonia and a surgery to place chest tubes. It all hit me just how lucky I am. And now all of a sudden I feel really, really blessed. Since I started my career as a pharmacist in Louisville I have been floating. Which means that I had a home store where I was in a rotation with 2 other pharmacists on every 3rd weekend and I worked there 2 days a week. Then I worked at other stores to get the rest of my hours, which sometimes included driving an hour to Elizabethtown or Radcliff and sometimes going to stores that were terribly staffed. Yesterday, I got a phone call to see if I wanted to be a full time pharmacist at the store on Fegenbush and Outer Loop. Which means I will work there all of my shifts unless I pick up over time. I love the other pharmacists there as well as the techs. And I had earlier said that was one of the only stores I would consider being full time. It is only a 10-15 minute drive from my house (where sometimes I was driving 30 minutes to an hour one way). I also only have to work every 4th weekend with 3 weekends off in between which is great for seeing Adam. I am so blessed. Starting Friday I will be at the Fegenbush store and I couldn't be happier:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment