Ok...so not that I really think that...but it's the Drew Carey song. Anyway, I went to the suburbs of Cleveland this weekend for Adam's mom's family's annual family picnic (that's a lot of apostrophes!). I was glad that I was invited because most of the family that I see are the other side of Adam's family...except for Aunt Joanne and Melanie from Michaline's side. But anyway, I got to get to know a lot of them this weekend. And we're heading to Columbus on Halloween for one of the cousin's weddings so I'll get to see them again. But we left at 5:30 AM on Saturday so we could get to Cleveland in time to find the B-Dubs and watch UK play football. It only took us 5 hours to get there so we got there in plenty of time. We watched UK play...and it was during the Ohio State game. But it was so weird because everyone there with Ohio State hats and t-shirts didn't even cheer...and here we were doing the C-A-T-S cheer every time that UK scored a touchdown. We also had WKU on a TV...but it was kind of sad to watch:( Saturday we had the family picnic at this really nice park. We did a balloon toss with the rest of the family. Needless to say, Adam and I did not win. Apparently I do not have the correct catching technique...who knew?? We also did marshmallow golf...very interesting. But it was a fun weekend. After work on Friday, Adam, Doug, and I are heading to Columbus to go tailgate for the Ohio State game and to go to game day. Adam's uncle owns Dick's Den there right next to the Horseshoe so we're going to hole up in there for a little bit too. I'm pretty excited. I love being right at home with his family. Since we were outside of Cleveland the whole time in the suburbs, Adam's mom and dad drove me downtown before the picnic on Saturday. So I got to see the Browns, Indians, and Cavaliers playing venues. I also saw some of the old places where Adam's mom worked in high school. It's a neat little town even though a lot of it has since been torn down. And I got to see the outside of the Rock N' Roll hall of fame. I also went to Catholic mass. I have to say it's not so bad. It actually goes by faster than a Baptist service b/c the priest's homily is only like 10 minutes compared to a baptist preacher's sermon that is sometimes 30 minutes long. I just don't like all the standing up and sitting down. But I'm feeling more comfortable each time since I've been to a wedding mass and then this mass. Plus Adam's sister is explaining it to me the whole time.
Anyway, I am dreading working the next 4 days. It's not that I don't like this rotation, but I really really need a break. This is my 5th month straight, and I am just tired of working for free. I am so looking forward to having October off. Hopefully Adam's cousin Sara can make it down on her long weekend so she can go to Keeneland with us. This week is already booked for me. Going to Louisville to play cornhole tomorrow with Justin. And then Thursday I am going to eat dinner with Whitney at Pazzo's before I head home to watch Titans opening game. Super pumped about Titans playing again!
No comments:
Post a Comment