So my Mom's birthday is tomorrow...and I'm pretty sure my Dad got her the sweetest gift imagineable. My Dad bought my mom a wooden rocking chair their first Christmas together after they were married...so 30 years ago. And about five years ago it was totally falling apart so Dad was going to throw it away..but Mom wanted to keep it since it was the rocking chair that she rocked both me and Brad in when we were babies. So Dad kept it in storage for 5 years. He found a carpenter that also works at Western with him, and he made new spindles for it and refurbished and sanded Mom's rocking chair. She cried...I knew she woul. But how sweet was that?? I still have no idea what I'm going to get her. I am going to make her a cake for tomorrow though and decorate it. It will be awesome.
So Adam went to Indianapolis on Saturday morning for Grandma Lakarosky's 88th birthday. He really wanted me to come up Saturday night when they got back, but I told him that my parents wanted me to stay in Bowling Green. So I totally lied...even though my parents were a little upset I was going back at first...and went up there after dinner. So I called him before I left and was telling him about all the stuff Mom and I had done that day and such and how we were cooking dinner together..just to make sure they were going to get home on time. Then I called him right when I had gotten off at the Versailles exit to make sure they got home...but actually just to make sure he was at his house and not somewhere else. So I walked into their kitchen like five minutes later and he was so surprised! It was fun. I like doing that kind of stuff. I got to hang out with him, one of his brothers, his sister, and several of his cousins. We went to Campus Pub to watch football yesterday. I like hanging out with his family.
I got a good deal on some clothes at Lerner. I got a 65.00 New Year's Eve dress for 19.99 ad two pairs of dress pants for 14.99 instead of 36.00 each. So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment