Thursday, March 5

Sickness and Spring Break

So I'm getting really sick. I thought it was just a cold, but I'm thinking it may be bacterial. Three of my lymph nodes in the left side of my neck are swollen, painful, and moveable...which means my body is doing its job...but I feel like my ear feels like it is going to pop off of my head. I may have to head to the clinic during normal class time tomorrow to see if I can get some antibiotics...argh. I hate being sick. I usually like to self medicate with OTC meds, but I believe this is beyond the scope of that. I just really don't want to go to Student Health, because I had to be in there twice this week for immunizations and checking my TB results today...and the people I have encountered are just not very nice. They seem like they hate people...but I think I'm going to have to go.

I'm getting really excited for Spring Break. Drees asked me if I wanted to go to a Spring Training game...so I'm totally in. We're going to see the Reds/Blue Jays game...which I'm not a fan of either one...but being in Florida, at a baseball stadium, with good seats, hot dogs and beer...and I see a blast. We've also decided to have theme nights while we're there. There are three different condos: one with 8 people and two with 6 people. One of the condos is having Italian night with spaghetti and wine...another is having Mexican night (since Doug is Mexican..haha) with tacos and margaritas...and I think our condo is doing Cowboy night with hamburgers/hotdogs and all the fixins and good ole' American beer. I'm getting excited..mainly just to sit on the beach and read a good book:)

Just one more week of class. And I'm getting ready to go home for the weekend. Pray for my little cousin, Edie. She's 4 and is going to have surgery at Vanderbilt tomorrow afternoon for an infection in her bone marrow. I think it's just the MRSA from earlier this month that penetrated into her bone, but there is still surgery involved. PS...I'm watching American Idol and I can not stand Tatiana!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm..something weird is happening with blogspot. it only posted part of my previous comment.

    anyway - i was saying that im glad that you are reading my blog, and i liked reading yours. are you addicted to it like me? haha

    sorry to hear that you are sick...get well soon! :)

    ReplyDelete