Saturday night and Sunday are the absolute worst nights/days of blocks weekend. I can see the end of the tunnel, but seeing as Monday is the worst Therapeutics exam so far...it is so far away. Our exam on Monday is about Psychiatry and Neurology...the two worst subjects put together. It also doesn't help that one of the teachers just seemed to ramble in class and I had to pretty much teach myself the whole module. I was also really sick earlier on in the week and didn't get to study as much as I normally do so I'm a little nervous. My illness was a whole ordeal within itself. I woke up in Florida Friday feeling like there was something in my throat...so I coughed all day. So Saturday I started taking cough medicine, sudafed, and tylenol around the clock (good thing about being a pharmacy student is I can OTC myself:)). Sunday night I couldn't sleep...and neither could Adam, nor could I on Monday. I thought it was just a cold and was going to suck it up seeing as I had had a cold just a couple weeks earlier..but I was miserable. Then Tuesday yellow goop starting coming out of my left eye...gross I know. So I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a bacterial respiratory infection and a bacterial eye infection. My cough was so bad that I got Tesslon pearls and even offered hydrocodeine (which I declined b/c I needed to study). I also got a Z-Pak and antibiotic eye drops. But I didn't study much Tuesday or Wednesday b/c I was so fatigued. So my studying has really suffered.
But 3 of my 4 tests are completed. Our patient encounter yesterday was adjusting a patient's warfarin dose that was too lose since they started eat a lot of Vitamin K containing vegetables. It was sort of interesting b/c the patient actor was was blind so we had to think of how to address certain situations. Today's test was easy. I'm glad they made it that way. Pretty sure anyone that has never had the class could have passed it since it was on pharmacy management/customer service/reviews so it was pretty much common sense.
Guess I better get back to study so this is truly my last set of blocks EVER and there is no repeating going on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment