Wednesday, January 20

Motivation

I seriously need some motivation to start working out...or some sort of exercise. I mean, I don't even get off my butt anymore once I come home from work. I am always so tired from being up at 4 AM and at the hospital at 5 that I just want to come home and take a nap or relax. I am going on a cruise in less than 6 weeks...but I have kind of given up on looking good in a two piece. I mean...I'm going with 4 of my good friends who know I'm not ever gonna be the skinniest thing ever...so yay.
So I have never followed politics that much, and I don't really claim either party anymore. But I would like to say that I am somewhat relieved that the Democrats didn't win Mass again. I mean, being a soon-to-be healthcare professional, I don't want to see socialized health care. Working in a pharmacy already, I see people everyday that are taking advantage of Medicaid and it is so irritating. But I also see people getting screwed over too. But at least there is some opposition to Obama's plan so that at least there will have to be some sort of compromise to get this plan passed. I don't want something that is going to give everyone everything. That will squelch motivation for people to work. I already see too many people that have no work ethic and still get their expensive drugs for free. But I digress off my soap box because drugs are too expensive too. And people that have to buy their brand name Prozac are stupid when there is a much cheaper generic that has been out almost forever and works just as well...argh.
I'm almost halfway done with my trauma surgery rotation. This has actually been an enjoyable rotations (besides the going to bed at 8 PM and having no life part):) I've got to see a lot of cool stuff...like the butcher who slipped at work and fell on a life...cool huh? And there are really positive things too...like the woman who has been in the hospital for 3 months and was pretty much a vegetable at the beginning of the month due to a really bad motor vehicle collision that killed her husband. But last week she started eating, walking, talking and comprehending. She is back...and actually went home today. I was so excited!
I have really enjoyed being in Lexington this month. Adam and I are settled back into our routine. Whenever he doesn't have to close we'll eat dinner together and hang out and watch tv. I am so lucky to have him in my life. We hang out with our friends too. I hate when people totally drop their friends for their significant others...since that has happened to me several times in the last 6 years. Hopefully Adam and I will continue to have social lives as well as personal time. One of my favorite things is cooking dinner together. We always cook together, and it's fun to spend time together in the kitchen. I am one lucky girl. Oh yeah..and I graduate in less than 4 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment