Thursday, September 16

Tales from the Pharmacy

Last night I was at Dixie Highway and Crums Lane. It has both the good and bad of pharmacies. First off, you are acting like the narcotics police. Everyone is trying to get their controlled substances early. So we have to tell them no and argue and tell you when you got your last prescription...even though I'm sure they know when they got them. They've probably already sold them all and just need the money. Tough...but true. And then you have the people that keep calling saying they "found" some pills and aren't sure what they are. They are stupid for calling the pharmacy because if it's anything good we're going to tell you that we can't find out what they are and that you should throw them away. We didn't wake up yesterday. And the best is when people request that they want the old Oxycodone with the OC on it instead of the new formulation. Tough luck. We only have the ones that aren't as easy to crush...b/c they manufacturer is trying to cut down on drug abuse. My heroes.
But on the other hand, you have those patients that are grateful for anything that you can tell them. Those that think Tylenol is for allergies and not pain. And those that don't know that tylenol and aspirin aren't the same things. I love being able to help those that truly need it. And they are SO appreciative. It differs a lot when you go to the east end of Louisville and they act like you're a McDonalds and don't want to listen to anything.
So Jan and I went to Urban Iron at the gym this morning. She goes a lot...and this was my first time. I came out about to die and not being able to move. You have the bar with weights on the end and do all of the squats and lifts with them. I feel like I got a good workout. But I also feel like I'm about to die. However, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day off. I want to eat a bagel at Panera and go to Qdoba for dinner. I can't wait to see my Adam on Saturday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment