Tuesday, December 1

Rotation #7

So I started my seventh rotation today. It is crazy to believe that I only have 3 more rotations after this one. How crazy!! Anyway, I believe that this rotation is going to be okay. Today I didn't really do much b/c I just tagged along with the techs. I did go on runs with a couple of the techs and saw them restock the Pyxus machines. I got to see a lot of the Medical Center that I never knew where it was. My favorite part was getting to see the babies. We went into the nursery to refill their medicine and there were so many newborns in there. It was great. And then we went to Labor and Delivery to deliver their meds and two new babies were born right around the same time and I could hear them crying. It was so sweet:) I also saw surgery pre-op and recovery, radiology, endoscopy, ER, cath lab, and the ICU, and CCU. So many places.
I'm excited about my schedule. She is giving me every Friday off. Tomorrow and Thursday I am going to meetings/lectures with her and the techs. Then I am "observing" for the next couple of weeks in different areas of the hospital and then working a couple of days in the IV room. So I'm excited. It's probably going to be a very short month that is going to lead up to the very long month of UK surgery. I am also excited about Christmas. We are only supposed to get off Christmas Day and one other day in December. But she is giving me Wed-Fri off for Christmas and I think New Year's Eve. So excited. This Thursday night I am going to see Adam since I will be going to Nashville this weekend with some of my friends to go to the Opry and to just hang out. So excited with all the December events. I feel loved:)

No comments:

Post a Comment