Monday, November 30

Five Day weekend

Friday was the part of Thanksgiving that I love. For the second year in a row, I did not have to work the Black Friday madness. I did go to Target at around 11 AM and it wasn't so bad. I ended up mainly getting stuff for myself and some stuff for Adam's birthday. Then Adam came down to Bowling Green after he got off work in Bardstown to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom's family. I had a great time socializing with my Granny, aunt, and cousin.
Saturday I followed Adam to Lexington to go to the UK football game. A little before Brownsville on I65 I kept feeling my car doing funny things and then I heard stuff hitting the bottom of my car. so I called Adan and when we pulled off in Brownsville I had a flat tire. So it wasn't a great car week since my fuel pump went out on Monday. At least I wasn't in the middle of the road this time:) My Dad came and put a wheel on from my Mom's old Grand Am so that I could keep going to the game. Then it ended up being a bad Saturday. I lost my favorite Columbia jacket that Adam had bought me in the beginning of October. I feel really bad that I lost it. I had so many layers for the game Saturday night that somehow it slipped out of my arms. I get really sad thinking about it:( And then the Cats lost because their offensive play calling is horrendous (ahem...Joker). But luckily, my sports luck got better with the Awesome Titans win. It sucked that Lexington thought it was more important to carry the stupid Vikings..but I watched the play by play on my phone b/c I'm addicted. I would have gone to watch it at a bar in Lexington, but it was Adam's birthday so we did what he wanted to do. And I'm kind of glad I didn't because I would have been yelling at the TV and embarrassing everyone with me:)
Adam had a great birthday. We slept until about 10:30 and then I went out to his house and we watched Ice Age 3 that I bought him on his Blue Ray player. We watched part of the Browns/Bengals game. I iced his Funfetti birthday cake and decorated it and then made him beef enchilada casserole for his birthday. He also got to play his new PS3 game...the new Call of Duty game. He loves it...so yay! He then rented Star Trek last night..and I actually really liked the movie. Thanks to Jessica for telling me it wasn't too bad and that I would actually like it:)
But now I am home. I start my 7th rotation at the Medical Center tomorrow. I'm nervous again. And I really don't want to work after 5 days off. But I guess I can make it through the final four rotations!

No comments:

Post a Comment