Sunday, November 8

Weekend in Lex

I had a great weekend in Lexington. Friday we went out to eat for Adam's Dad's birthday and then went home to watch the UK basketball scrimmage. I think that the UK team under Coach Cal will definitely be better than the one under Billy G, but you can tell by the exhibition games that they have a lot to work on. I'm also pulling for WKU Basketball. I love watching Hilltopper basketball...however, their football is just plain embarrassing. I remember loving going to football games when I was in undergrad b/c you knew they had a chance to win. Now, every Saturday I check the scoreboard just to see how bad Western got beat. How sad.
Speaking of football, UK looked horrible on Saturday. Me, Katie, and Jimmy left during the 3rd quarter b/c they should have been blowing EKU out of the water, but they looked horrible and it was boring. I then met Adam at Keeneland where him, Jeff, and Paul were betting on Breeder's Cup. Mom thinks that it is such an awful idea that we didn't spend every waking minute together while I was in Lexington. She just doesn't understand that people don't date the same as her and Dad did in the 1970s. If that was the case, me and Adam would have been married for almost 2 years already...geez. Plus I got bored at Keeneland and went home to watch some DVR and to catch up with Adam later even though Adam wanted me to hang out more. So maybe I should not tell her as much...geez. But we did go to Campus Pub to watch the Titans today. I'm so excited they won. I love the Titans. I predict they are going to win every game from here on out and go to the playoffs:)

No comments:

Post a Comment