Thursday, November 26

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!! I have so many things to be thankful for. I am thanksful for my family, my health, my boyfriend, my education, my future career, my friends, living in the United States, football, baseball, basketball, and so many other things.
So my future career is now a bright spot. Last Thursday night I accepted a job offer from Walgreens to come work for them next year in Louisville. So I am guaranteed a job when I graduate in May. I am very, very thankful to Justin and Aaron for telling me about the Walgreens internship 2 summers ago. It has opened so many doors for me and furthered my education. I am really excited. So now is the question of whether I am going to live with Courtney or get my own apartment. I guess time will tell.
My car died in the middle of traffic on Monday night:( I was leaving work and at one of the worst intersections in Bowling Green at 5 PM between the Walgreens and Taco Bell on the bypass in the left turn lane to go to Scottsville Road. My car just wouldn't go when the light turned green and then died. Some nice man came out and pushed my car down the hill so that I could get over and turn the corner to try to pull in to Walgreens and Chase bank. Well, that is uphill, so my car wouldn't go anymore...so him and a cop that happened to be in the Chase parking lot pushed me into the Chase bank lot. My dad was there two minutes later. My poor car had to me towed the next morning, but it back with us. It needed a new fuel pump. But I'm so excited it is fixed. I missed Old Green:(
I am now a bone marrow donor. I was pretty scared at first to do it, because I've heard how much it hurts. But it was my project for Clinic Pharmacy to have a drive for donors. And I decided now matter how sore I got from being a donor, it was well worth it knowing that I could save someone's life. So I swabbed my cheeks for DNA and now I will be on the National Bone Marrow Registry. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment