I can't believe that I almost done with my first week at Clinic. I am really feeling at home at the pharmacy since I did my EPPE there. Everyone is the same except for one tech, but I get along with her great. Since Graves-Gilbert has grown so much by adding new physicians and a sports medicine department, the pharmacy is much busier. Donnie said they normally do around 200-250 prescriptions a day. But I feel like I know a whole lot more than I did 2 1/2 years ago. I feel more comfortable counseling on drugs and knowing brand/generics. I know this is what I want to do with the rest of my life.
Adam is doing really well with his job. Yesterday was a rough day b/c he was super busy at his Bardstown store and his senior tech was out sick. So I'm hoping tomorrow will go much better. But otherwise I think he is doing a great job and really enjoying what he is doing. So I think he's glad that he chose Walgreens even though he always made fun of me for talking about what a great retail pharmacy it was:)
I am going up to Lexington for the weekend tomorrow as soon as I get off of work. Today was Adam's Dad's birthday, so we're all going out to eat tomorrow night for his birthday. I'm not really sure who all "all" includes, but I'm sure it will be fun. Adam is going to Keeneland on Saturday to watch live simulcasting of the Breeder's Cup, and I am going to go to the football game. Hopefully I can find some friends to go with..:)
My uncle is in the hospital recovering from his double knee replacement. He had surgery yesterday morning but is doing really well. Apparently the nurses said he was "unruly" in the recovery room because his morphine was not working well enough...so they switched him to Dilaudid (which is about 4x stronger than morphine) and he was much happier. Mom and I went to see him yesterday and he was looking okay. But I went in to see him on my lunch break today and he was looking much better. He has gotten up and walked a few steps, so hopefully he will by moved to SKY Rehab either Saturday or Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment