Monday, May 17

So I was reading an article on USA Today about a group of medical students who had a free health fair and didn't change the needle on their blood glucose monitors. Seriously? How could they not know they needed to do that? Those meters are available over the counter for the general public to use. I can't believe that med students didn't know they needed to change the needle after every person. So now they are trying to find the 50 or so people they tested to screen them for HIV, Hepatitis, and other blood borne disease. Can't believe it.
Also, I've been watching 16 and Pregnant on MTV (it's a guily pleasure):) These people's parents kill me. I understand about the parents being supportive when they find out that their daughter is pregnant. But them letting their daughters' boyfriends move in, thinking it's cool, being their daughters' best friends kill me. My parents would have been really disappointed and upset. I don't doubt that they would have been there for me, but they would not ever want to see the guy that got me pregnant...let alone sleep in my bed. Adam and I don't even sleep in the same bed at my parents house when I visit home, and they know he stays over all the time in Lexington. I just don't understand the world today. Ack!
Anyway, on a less judgmental note:) I am taking my MPJE on Friday...so I will be studying today. A week from tomorrow is my birthday. My parents are coming up Sunday, and I plan on celebrating with Adam on Monday. Then Tuesday Im going out with my friends. Then I move a week from Thursday. Ahhh. Everything is moving WAY too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment