So I had lab this morning. Do you know how weird it is to be making chemo for someone. Of course in lab, we used dyed-red normal saline instead of real doxorubicin because of the toxicity of it (we're talking hazmat team if there is a large spill in the hospital pharmacy). It just is weird to be responsible to mix that...and even weirder that I understand all of this stuff. Aaron and I were talking about how much we feel like we know now that we're almost finished with 3rd year. After the first two years you don't really think you know anything because it's all background courses...but 3d year all of the therapeutics and mechanisms are pounded in your head. It's just crazy that I can do this.
Aaron and Justin both had to leave today after lab b/c their wives are hurt/sick. Justin's wife hurt her ankle and Aaron's wife has the flu. I'm hoping that bad luck doesn't trickle to me. I really don't want or need to get sick right now.
So I wanted to express about how jerk-ish some of the med students can be. I was sitting in the hospital cafeteria for lunch at noon (and as usual it was PACKED). A doctor was walking with his tray and someone didn't see him and accidentally pushed their chair out and it tripped him. So his drink spilled everywhere. A table of four med school guys was doubled over in laughter, like the point and laugh kind of laughing, and were like 'he's still spilling his drink! haha!"...it's these kind of people that I hope falls in front of a large group of people so they can get pointed and stared out. How rude. It still irritates me.
No comments:
Post a Comment