Sunday, August 23

Braves win!!

So I went to Atlanta yesterday with my parents to watch the Braves versus Marlins game. We chose this game since our game in May got rained out. It was perfect weather. We had 11th row tickets down the 1st base line. And it was even better that the Braves got a win. I just wish they would make a huge surge and that the Marlins and Phillies would falter so we could either claim the wild card or the division. So I'm hoping. But we had a great trip. We left around 10 Saturday morning and then got to The Varsity in time for a late lunch. We then went to the CNN Center again so I could buy a couple of things and then walked through the Centennial Olympic Park to watch the little kids play in the Olympic Rings fountain. Travis and Jordan happened to be at the same game so I went and said hi before the game started. Dad decided to drive all the way back last night..so he was very, very tired this morning. I still have to drive back to Lexington...

Thursday night Adam and I met Meredith and Courtney downtown at Cheapside Park to watch the bands play. You see some interesting people down there...to say the least. But it was a great time. Neither Adam or I had to be at work on Friday so we drove to the Brusters in Nicholasville to get some ice cream since it was such a nice night. It was a fun impromptu date for us. I like being able to just hang out with him. He's my best friend...and I'm really going to hate when I'm at home for 2 whole months when I can't see him everyday. We always make time to see each other every day, even if it is just for 20 minutes. I hate long distance:(

So after next week I will have finished 4 rotations. How crazy is that? I know! I'm super excited. And once I head back to Lexington after the holidays I will only have 3 left. And then my 2 exams...and then I'll be a licensed pharmacist...and actually have a "career" as my Mom calls it. I can tell my parents are really proud. Mom talks about how so many people graduate from college but don't actually have a career...just a degree so they can get better pay. So I think she's actually really glad that I'll have a career. Plus, I'm the first person on my Dad's side of the family to graduate from college...let alone Pharmacy school! So I guess I can be proud of myself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment