So I am over halfway through my 3rd rotation...hard to believe, huh? I am liking my rotation at Good Samaritan. The attending and residents are asking me more and more questions so that I am starting to feel useful on rounds. I am becoming more confident when I'm dosing Vancomycin in the afternoons. The hospital has 16 patients on Vanc right now due to the high incidence of MRSA so I'm getting plenty of practice. So I'm glad I can be comfortable for another 2 weeks without having to switch rotations...and I'm hoping Phil and Lanny will take me to Mellow Mushroom once I finish up:)
Adam's first day as a pharmacist went well. He worked in a long term care facility pharmacy that is closed to the public and similar to where I worked in May in Glasgow. He said that all he did was check prescriptions all day...but at least it's some money until he gets a retail job. He left this morning to go to Wisconsin with one of his friends and then later to Chicago to help his brother move to Columbus. So he won't be back until after next weekend. I'm going to miss him, but I'm going to be lazy and take naps and go to bed early while he is gone.
Tomorrow I am finally going to get to spend a weekend with Kristen. I am going to spend the night with her tomorrow and then we're doing a girl night dinner and movie Saturday night after I get off work at Walgreens. Sunday is Mason's 1st birthday party (his real birthday is Saturday). So busy weekend, but I'm glad to be busy while Adam is gone so I won't be incredibly bored.
I want to see the new Harry Potter movie...but then I don't. I love those movies but I love the books so much better and I have seen many Facebook statuses that talk about how the movie is so different from the book. I hate that. The books are SO much better....which is true in most cases...but it's a shame that these books can't be put accurately on the big screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment