ADAM IS OFFICIALLY A LICENSED PHARMACIST!! Yay. I am so proud of him. He got his MPJE (law exam) score yesterday with his license in it. He's official now. So I think he is seriously going to try and get a job now.
Today I started the first day of my 3rd rotation. I am at Good Samaritan Hospital where Adam's dad is the Director of Pharmacy. The preceptor is Lanny and he is super nice. So I went on rounds with Lanny in Med/Surg and then with Jessica in ICU. There was nothing really that interesting except for a guy with suspected Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever that had gone unnoticed in 3 other hospitals and was now going a little crazy. So they put him on doxycycline immediately and hoping to see some improvement. After lunch I reviewed all the vancomycin dosing in the hospital. I ended up changing 2 different vanc doses and checking on a 3rd b/c the level was too low. So all in all I felt accomplished. I checked the morning cart fill and then headed to the house. Hospital pharmacies are much more different than community but interesting in their own aspects.
No comments:
Post a Comment