Wednesday, May 6

Almost one week down

So I am starting to really like my first rotation. So yesterday and today I worked in the pharmacy in Glasgow. It is a pharmacy that packages, fills, and delivers medicine to nursing homes across the state on a daily basis in monthly supplies. It is really neat b/c I never knew how that happened. But there are two people at the pharmacy that pour regular stock bottles of medicines that pharmacies like Walgreens use and individually wrap them in unit does plastic packages. Then we put them in little dispensing boxes and send them out to the pharmacies. It's really neat. Today I went with an LPN named Junior to the Barren home to check medication carts to make sure that nurses aren't giving their residents out of date medicine and also to ensure that they are giving the doses that they are supposed to. It's kind of scary to see that some Depakote was not given correctly since there were way too many left in the package. That is definitely a message that someone is going to need.

Tomorrow I have to be at work at 7:30 to go consult with Melissa at the Barren home. She said we won't be home until around 3:30 since it's a much bigger facility...but I'm driving straight to Lexington to see Adam. I'm so happy he's going to graduate on Friday. Everything is going to work for him and be just fine. I'm so so so proud of him!

By the way, I can't stand the Table of 12 show. They are such a Jon & Kate plus 8 rip off. And their kids are horrible. And they are not much fun to watch. And I still can't get over the first episode where one of the kids was talking about the littlest one with mental retardation and saying well we want to thank her for 'taking one for the team' b/c we all could have been slow. I could not believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment