So I am over halfway done with my first rotation. I really love this rotation. I like consulting at the vartious nursing homes across the state. So far I have been to Glasgow, Barren Co., Owensboro, Henderson, Hartford, and Elkton. Then starting next week I will be in Hart Co and Paducah and other places. I feel like I've learned a lot, and each day I am getting better at finding problems and notifying the pharmacist of what I find. And then they send notes to the doctor's to ask for changes. It is so neat. I feel like I am making a difference.
I have found how much I dislike Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It seems like such a waste to me. They are giving people who barely have anything before these huge extravagant houses. Don't get me wrong. I think it is a good cause, but I believe they could do so much more for so many more people than wasting so much money on one house.
Speaking of houses, everything is getting more real on trying to think of where I want to live after I get out of school. Hopefully Adam will be in the picture. I think I'm trying to envision a spot that is somewhat out of the city but no more than 30 minutes from Lexington. But I would love for my parents to be close to me. I will really miss then if they aren't that close...especially when I decide to have kids....which I know is way far in the future...but I'm almost 25...and I get to thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment