Tuesday, May 19
Nursing Homes
I don't know about nursing homes. The facility I was at today had really good staff that cared about their residents, but with my current rotation this month, I have seen some facilities that tonight offer great patient care. I am scared that one day I will end up in a nursing home...and I'm scared. I especially feel sorry for those residents that have a normal mental status and are around a lot of those that have behavioral problems and yell out and act up. I just hope that I never come to that. I do like consulting at nursing homes though. I am learning so many things about medications in the elderly. I did not take the geriatrics elective in pharmacy school so I am getting to learn some things hands on. I'm going to be sad to leave this rotation. I've had fun at home this month with my parents and will be sad when I leave, but I'm going to be so glad to be able to see Adam again. Distance does make the heart grow fonder even though I know how much he means to me when I get to see him everyday:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment