Monday, October 19

Last Couple of Weeks

So the last couple of weeks have been non-stop. Mom, Dad, and I went to Panama City Beach for a week. It was fantastic and the weather ended up being fantastic compared to the 40-50% chance of rain it was supposed to be every day. The Saturday we got there we ended up being able to sit on the beach for a couple of hours. And the rest of the week ended up beautiful. The temperature was 90 degrees the whole time and then we come back to Kentucky where the weather is in the 50s...but I've already adjusted. I needed that vacation after my last rotation which was truly horrific. I tried to make it out to not be so bad, but my preceptor was a 300 pound woman who complained and failed her law exam 5 times (not sure if she's passed it yet). We were totally like oil and water and I am so glad to be out of the slave shop. So excited that I don't ever have to go back there again!!
Last week I worked at Walgreens in Louisville. I worked the complete week and gave tons of flu shots until we ran out on Thursday. I was pretty excited that we ran out of shots b/c they didn't give us an extra person to give the shots, so I was giving all the immunizations and also trying to fill prescriptions, do drive-thru, wait on the counter, and then figuring out all other problems that arise in a pharmacy. So yes..busy busy week, but I will absolutely get a great paycheck.
Speaking of paychecks, I am glad to announce that today is Adam's 5th day of training at Walgreens. He is now a staff pharmacist for Walgreens floating in the Lexington district. He will cover the store pharmacists off days twice a week in Bardstown, Kentucky and he will work his every 3rd weekend there. And then he will pick up enough hours for 40 hours a week at the rest of the stores in the Lexington district. He is very excited and is now training for 10 days at the Leestown Rd store right down the road from me. But we're excited and after his 4th day of training on Friday he is feeling more and more comfortable at Walgreens and has been left as the only pharmacist on duty for a couple of hours. But I am SO proud of him. It's weird to think that my boyfriend is actually a pharmacist...EEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment