So I am now officially halfway through rotations. My last day, Heather and I showed up to work to find out that both our preceptor and tech were out with the flu. So the main pharmacist didn't want us to stay. So we took a tour of the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital before we called it a day. It is such a neat experience. Rood and Riddle is one of the top 2 equine hospitals in the world (with the other one also being in Lexington). We walked in and saw a horse having surgery on its leg by the vet that was the spokesperson for the doctors when Eight Bells went down in the Derby a couple of years ago. We also saw horses getting MRIs and shoes on. It is so freaking neat. Glad that I finally got to see a live horse during this rotation. Oh yeah...and I also shook the hands of Drs. Rood and Riddle.
So Adam came into town with me yesterday so Dad could fix the starter on the Lego. Well, Dad couldn't fix the starter on the Lego b/c it is in a really difficult place to get off the car (the Lego is a 5-speed Nissan Sentra for those of you who aren't familiar with the Lego:)), and Dad didn't get off of work until 8. So at least Adam got to see some of the famous Bowling Green sites like Chaney's, Jackson's Orchard (which he already loved before this trip), Gander Mountain, and the wooden bridge in Richardsville. Luckily, he found a guy that would fix his starter for relatively cheap in Lexington...so no more pushing the Lego to get the engine to start..yay!
Adam bought me this really nice Columbia water-resistant jacket today at Gander Mountain. It was half off but still relatively expensive, but I love it!! I wore it around all day even though it really wasn't cold enough to warrant a jacket. I did take it off to go to the hair dresser b/c I didn't want to get hair dye on it. I dyed my hair back to the dark color that I usually go to in the winter that matches my Mom's natural color. And I'm so glad I got it cut b/c it has been driving me crazy...
Leaving for Florida around 5 AM. Pretty pumped and hoping that it doesn't rain all week. Going to start reading the Twilight series...hope I don't regret it. I have the first two. So better get off of here so I can wake up at 4 AM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment