Wednesday, April 29

Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous

I've been trying to diet for the past year...off and on. Ok..not so much extreme dieting but more of a lifestyle change. I'm doing better at it. I just have to continue to exercise. I don't way 'working out' b/c I don't really do the typical working out thing. When it's nice outside and I have time to drive the 10-15 minutes it takes to go to the Arboretum, then I will go and walk 2-3 miles. If it's crappy weather, I will do my step aerobics in my bedroom following the Kathe DVD. But I stop one day and it is hard to get motivated. So now I am on a 3 day streak..so I just have to keep going. My diet is doing so much better. I don't eat out hardly at all...maybe once a week. Which is difficult for me since my roommates eat out all the time...usually once a day. I actually enjoy going to the grocery now and cooking. It also helps that I've been dating Adam for a year and a half and he's an automatic food taster:) But it's just a struggle with my lifestyle. For example, I am still a college student and like to go out and have a good time. Thursday night we are going out to celebrate having our last final ever. Saturday is Derby...so it's gonna be one long day (party).

One more final left. Therapeutics. Usually it is the most stressful thing ever..but seeing that I have to only get a 63 to get a B in the class...and that the comprehensive part is take home...I'm not stressing. Also it is half the material than what we usually cover in a month. I'm just ready for it to be over with. Then I will be done taking exams in pharmacy school forever...except the NAPLEX and MPJE. So excited. I love working for free for 10 months...hahah. Ok, not really, but I'm excited to not be sitting behind a desk all day and to see what I'm actually going to be doing for the rest of my life. Not to mention there is going to be a relief of not having to study for weeks at a time, but just an occasional presentation to prep for every other month or so. First rotation starts May 4th at MedCare in Glasgow...which is a consulting pharmacy. So, actually, the first day I will be riding to Owensboro with my preceptor to consult with a long term care facility there. I'm getting anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment