Thursday, January 8

Scary Book

So I'm reading this book by Jodi Picoult. I absolutely love all of the books of hers that I've read, but they are usually controversial. This book is Nineteen Minutes and is about a school shooting. It scares me to ever have children. She used the vantage point of the shooter and the shooter's parents and even goes back in time to when the shooter was bullied as a child. It scares me to death that any child can grow up to do that no matter how much you love them. And it pains me to think that one of my children could be teased so mercilessly, and I could do nothing to ease the hurt. It is also scary to think that someone could be in my presence everyday that is capable of doing such a horrible act.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I got my Chris Johnson t-shirt in the mail today. I was very excited. Of course, I have other Titans shirts that I could wear on Saturday, but since the beginning of the season I wanted a Chris Johnson one. I ordered it online on Tuesday and got it today...super fast service. And I know, I know, that Chris Johnson can't put two words together when he's being interviewed, but can he ever play football!! I truly believe that is God's gift to him b/c otherwise he doesn't seem too educated.

Adam comes home tomorrow. I'm excited. I hate these months when he's away. I just miss watching tv with him. It's not like we ever do anything wild and crazy, but he's my best friend and I miss hanging out with him. Also, on another note about friends, I've been getting frustrated because I've been trying to reach out to some old friends and there have been no response. I'm to blame for losing touch, but I've been trying to make contact..and nothing. It's just frustrating.

Oh yeah...and Go Sooners!!! Even though they are playing the SEC, I dislike Tim Tebow and the Florida Gators that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment