Monday, January 26

Waiting for the snow...

So I'm just sitting here at my window, waiting for it to snow. It actually looks like snow, but I think I have too high of expectations this time around. Iwould really like to get enough snow (or ice) for UK to be out, which in turn would allow the College of Pharmacy to be out, but I highly doubt that happening. I woke up today with about 1/2" of snow accumulated on the ground. It was pretty, but not enough snow to be bothersome trying to drive to school.

Today, we had compounding pharmacy skills lab. I got to pull out my old capsule punching skills. Pretty sure I haven't punched capsules since 1st year, but all in all it went pretty well. Mix powders, food color them, put them on an ointment slab, and fill capsules...not that hard...except getting the correct acceptable weight. Hopefully we did well enough to get a satisfactory grade. Speaking of grades, blocks are coming up this week. I'm getting nervous, because since our Therapeutics class is 12 hours this semester, they've decided to split the semester up into two separate grades. So this exam, worth 370 points, and the next exam (in February) are going to be averaged for our grade. It's just much higher stakes, and therefore puts a much greater amount of pressure on me. I know I can do it, since I've made it thsi far...but scary!

So just going to be studying my notes, staring at the window for the snow, and taking Sarah's suggestion and eating chicken noodle soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner..yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment